NebraskaOutdoor Update: Game and Parks continues to reopen facilities
Jul 10, 2020
LINCOLN, Neb. – The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is pleased to announce the continued reopening of several facilities, activities and amenities in state park and recreation areas across the state.
• Most Nebraska state park swimming pools, aquatic centers and the Platte River State Park spray park will reopen July 4. Pools will open with limited hours and operate at reduced capacity. Hours of operation can be found at OutdoorNebraska.org. The swimming pool at Niobrara State Park will remain closed. The floating playground at Louisville State Recreation Area will open later.
• Select state park area service centers will reopen to the public July 1 for customer service, information and permit sales.
• On July 4, the paddleboats at Mahoney and Platte River state parks will reopen, as will the Owen Marina concessions and miniature golf at Mahoney.
• The Nebraska Game and Parks Outdoor Education Center in Lincoln will reopen July 6. The Wildcat Hills Shooting Range will open July 1 and the archery range in the Eric Wiebe Shooting Complex at Ponca State Park continues to be open.
• The Wildcat Hills Nature Center, Schramm Education Center, Water Interpretive Center at Lake McConaughy, and Missouri National Recreational River Interpretive Center at Ponca State Park will reopen July 6.
• State historical park interpretive centers also will reopen July 6. While the historical parks will be open some facilities may remain closed, including the Buffalo Bill Ranch house, Bowring Ranch house, and Fort Hartsuff visitors’ center.
Additionally, Game and Parks will begin hosting some educational and naturalist programs on a limited basis. Contact the park or check the outdoor calendar at Calendar.OutdoorNebraska.gov for scheduled events.