Park Manager II vacancy, Black River State Park, Georgetown County, SC.
OPENING DATE: 01/09/23
CLOSING DATE: 01/30/23 11:59 PM
JOB TITLE: Park Manager II
CLASS CODE: LB40
POSITION NUMBER: 61109970
STATE SALARY RANGE:
$59,494.00 - $59,494.00 Annually
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $59,494
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $59,494
LOCATION: Georgetown County, South Carolina
JOB TYPE: FTE - Full-Time
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Yes
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT SPECIFICS (IF ANY): Residency in agency-provided housing is required. Employee will be required to sign a residency agreement, which outlines the expectations for rent and utilities.
AGENCY SPECIFIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
Job Purpose and Duties:
Under general supervision is responsible for overall operation, interpretation, conservation and maintenance of a unique State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Provide region level support to Regional Chief as needed.
1) Effectively trains and supervises full-time staff and directs the activities of employees and contractors as well as seasonal employees.
2) Work with central office staff to set up accounts, record keeping and documentation.
3) Coordinate with agency and external stakeholders to provide access to site for planning and create public access as agreed.
4) Assures that all facilities, equipment, and property are maintained to the standards set forth by the Department. Works to provide a safe environment for park visitors and employees.
5) Ensures that park operations are operated in the most cost efficient manner possible.
6) Employee will be required to live in designated park housing to provide for security, safety and emergency response.
7) Performs continuous public relation activities and educational and recreational activities as required. Enforces park rules, regulations and policies within his/her authority. Assures that all activities i.e. interpretive programs, retail sales, etc. are conducted in accordance with established procedures or policies.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Park Administration or related field and one (1) year experience in Park Management; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
1) Position requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Works with office equipment such as computers, calculators, etc. Position requires flexible work schedule to include weekends, nights and holidays. Position requires residency in agency-provided housing.
2) Knowledge of park administration, ability to plan, supervise, and review the work of subordinates, ability to promote the use of and generate publicity for the facility, and ability to prepare reports and records.
3) Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Actual Job Location: Black River State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
PARK MANAGER II
Park Manager II Supplemental Questionnaire
Do you possess a Bachelor's degree in Park Administration or related field and one (1) year experience in Park Management or equivalent combination of education & experience?
How did you hear about this position?
If "Other" was chosen above, please provide the source of where you did hear about this position below.
Are you a current SCPRT employee?
If selected for this position, are you willing to accept the posted salary of $59,494?
* Required Question
Allison R. King, M.Ed., SHRM-CP
Employment and Recruitment Manager
South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 522
Columbia, SC 29201