Park Ranger II Vacancy. Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of Poinsett State Park.
Park Ranger II
$23,190.00 - $42,912.00 Annually
Sumter County, SC
FTE - Full-Time
Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
1/18/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Residency Requirement (specifics):
Residency in agency provided housing.
Normal Work Schedule:
Normal Work Schedule (Other):
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Hiring Range - Min.
Hiring Range - Max.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures:
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
Veteran Preference Statement
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
1) Assists with park administrative duties in accordance with Department guidelines and procedures and planning of long and short-term goals.
2) Collect and account for revenue and produce required reports.
3) Instruct, supervise and perform routine and preventative maintenance on grounds, buildings and equipment to meet established standards.
4) Manages assigned specific operations to include public use areas, retail operations and facilities.
5) Performs law enforcement activities within his/her authority and established policy and provides a safe environment for visitors and staff.
6) Assists in control of inventories of equipment and supplies by issue, use and counts; completes data reports.
7) Interprets the cultural and natural resources of the State Park Service to park visitors.
8) Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
State of South Carolina
AgencyDepartment of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
Address1205 Pendleton Street
THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENTS. THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE CONTENT OF THIS DOCUMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. NO PROMISES OR ASSURANCES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PARAGRAPH CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.