Vacancy Announcement for off-park ranger Calhoun Falls State Park, Abbeville County, SC
Calhoun Falls State Park sits along several pine-covered points extending out into sparsely-developed Lake Russell. The Calhoun Falls campground is one of the most coveted in the park system, with spacious RV and tent sites complete with forested, shoreline views of the lake.
Day-use activities include a short, easy nature trail, tennis court, seasonal swimming and fishing. The park also attracts various events year round, including fishing tournaments and the popular South Carolina Campground Cookoff.
Assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
1) Assists with the administrative activities to include, but not limited to, receiving and documenting revenues, preparing reports and making payments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
2) Assists with the operational activities to include supervising specific areas such as retail sales, day use areas, camping, cabins and other overnight accommodations or special use facilities.
3) Provides a variety of office functions related to callers, correspondence, document file and retrieval system, etc.
4) Performs continuous public relations activities and assists with educational and recreational programming.
5) Provides assistance to and works to maintain a safe environment for park visitors, to include enforcement of park rules, regulations and policies within established limits and in accordance with Division policy.
6) Performs routine maintenance and repair activities on buildings and grounds.
7) Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Abbeville County, SC
FTE - Full-Time
Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
4/17/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
Normal Work Schedule:
Normal Work Schedule (Other):
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Hiring Range - Min.
Hiring Range - Max.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures:
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
Veteran Preference Statement
South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Full Vacancy Posting Details: