Vacancy recruitment for Park / Historic Site Manager 3 (Manager at the Reynolds Mansion), McIntosh County
State Parks & Historic Sites Division
Park / Historic Site Manager 3 – McIntosh County
State Parks & Historic Sites Division
JOB CODE NRP014/PAYGRADE K
ENTRY SALARY $53,000.00
Under limited supervision, plans, directs, manages, or coordinates activities of a Georgia State Parks facility (state parks, historical sites, golf courses and/or lodges). Organizes processes and develops procedures to manage administrative aspects of park. Responsible for the management of staff, budget, and revenue.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervises and plans work of assigned staff
• Answers inquiries pertaining to policies and services, and resolves occupants' complaints
• Collects payments and records data pertaining to funds and expenditures
• Coordinates activities and resolves complex problems
• Coordinates use of facilities with internal and external consumers
• Ensures Site security and visitor/associate safety
• Implements and evaluates cash management procedures
• Manages the recruitment of volunteers
• Markets and implements an ongoing program of interpretation, outdoor recreation, and public relations
• Observes and monitors to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures
• Oversees generation of revenue from multiple sources
• Oversees the management of the facilities
• Prepares budget requests and maintains the budget through effective budgeting decisions
• Provides a comprehensive program of educational opportunities for the benefit of site visitors
• Reviews and prepares all reports, documents, and information for the operation of a Facility
NOTE: The selected candidate must reside in housing provided. If not currently residing in DNR housing, the selected candidate will be required to pay 100% of residence utilities.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit an electronic DNR Application for Employment to the e-mail address highlighted below or mail a completed DNR Application for Employment to the following address:
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
State Parks and Historic Sites Division
ATTN: Sandra Harris
1 Conservation Way
Brunswick, Ga 31520
Reynolds Mansion and Sapelo Island Information
"Nestled in the isolation of a barrier island rich with Gullah-Geechee culture and heritage and surrounded by centuries old moss draped live oaks, panoramic beaches, estuaries and marshes, the Reynolds Mansion on Sapelo Island is a 200-year-old estate developed during the heyday of the tycoon era on Georgia’s coast."
This small barrier island is a unique destination along Georgia's famed Colonial Coast. Guests begin their day at the mainland visitor center, where they can learn about Sapelo's cultural history, coastal wildlife, and complex beach and dunes systems. After a 30-minute ferry ride, they arrive at this 12-mile-long island. Guided tours highlight the African American community of Hog Hammock, Reynolds Mansion, Nanny Goat Beach, University of Georgia Marine Institute and a restored 1820 lighthouse. Learn more about the mansion.
Groups may stay overnight on the island at the historic Reynolds Mansion or Cabretta Campground. The unusual and lovely Reynolds Mansion features marble sculptures, an ornately decorated Circus Room, murals by Athos Menaboni, a bowling lane, billiards, library and more. Cabretta Campground is sheltered by live oaks and is just a short walk to the beach. Pets are not allowed but service animals are welcome.
It is a spectacular location but does require a 30-minute ferry ride or use of the park vessel. A residence is provided on the island, which is 3-bedroom/3.5 bath. Seeking an individual with parks experience but also hospitality including food and beverage experience. Supervision does include the small campground. It’s a great opportunity for a career-employee or an individual that has retired and seeking a second career. Sapelo is truly one of the most beautiful barrier islands.
Region 6 Manager | Park Range O: (912) 262.3180 | C: (706) 969.4857
Sunset Pictures from the residence backyard